News Review

News Review

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Tocxu » Thứ 7 Tháng 8 16, 2008 7:30 am

Recently I read some funny stuffs in Yahoo and got an idea to write some review about them. I am not sure how often I will be able to do it but I hope that many members will enjoy and give me a hand to make this topic "hot" and a specialty of QBO.

The inaugural session is about two articles in Yahoo's "Fourth-Place Medal" (about 2008 Beijing Olympics):

The first one is the funny "The mystery of the showering divers" It said about why the the dives immediately took the showers after their performance in the Olympic:

Yahoo đã viết:After completing a dive, competitors swim to a ladder, climb out of the pool and head immediately to a bank of showers that sit adjacent to the diving boards. Then, in full view of the crowd and NBC cameras, they shower off. Divers keep their suits on, of course, usually appearing only to rinse off their hair and arms. Oftentimes, the divers will receive their scores while still showering off. What's the purpose of this?

So many theories have been posed about the reason why they did so.

Yahoo đã viết:Theories have ranged from 'to get the chlorine off' to 'they want to have fun' -- seriously, that last one is a direct quote from NBC's diving analyst, Cynthia Potter. Neither are the reason.

The "true" reason turned out to be very simple (I am not sure that it's really the true reason since there is not evidence to support it :mozilla_cool: )

Yahoo đã viết:Divers shower in between each dive to keep their muscles warm after getting out of the pool. The temperature of the pool water and the air are usually different (the pool is usually around 80 degrees, with the air temperature between 68 and 72 degrees). This difference can cause muscle tightness. To combat this, divers warm up in either the showers or a hot tub.

The article was concluded by an compelling question which caused a lot of controversies on the comment boxes.

Yahoo đã viết:why the showers are out in the open.The water cube cost over $200 million to build. They couldn't have put a privacy wall in?

The second article is a sad news for we Vietnamese "Ngan Thuong is banned for doping".

Yahoo đã viết:The IOC announced two disqualifications for doping. Kim Jong Su, a silver and bronze medalist in shooting from North Korea, and Thi Ngan Thuong Do, a Vietnamese gymnast who took 59th in last night's all-around competition..... Thuong Do was found to be using Lasix, the diuretic that is often used in horses and can be a masking agent for other drugs......

However, I have read somewhere recently that an IOC officer said that she used it accidentally without knowing about it.

Poor our princess. I hope that she is not so upset about this.

This is the end of the first session for News Review on QBO. Hope to hear from you :mozilla_sealed:
Tocxu
Tôi yêu QBO
Tôi yêu QBO

Bài viết: 462
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 2 Tháng 3 03, 2008 12:11 pm

Quay về • The QBO Golden Pen

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến4 khách