NOTIFICATIONS ABOUT THE NEW YEAR WRITING CONTEST

Re: NOTIFICATIONS ABOUT THE NEW YEAR WRITING CONTEST

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi nmt632000 » Thứ 3 Tháng 2 10, 2009 7:23 am

When finishing high school, students are totally optional to continue studying (“to study” would be better) at university. Some people satisfy themselves with their degrees of high school but others are determined to attend university (“universities”) because they are aware of precious things that university brings (universities bring) to them. They may be the career preparation, the satisfaction of studying favorite or the interesting social experience. (You should consider where to use the single nouns and plural nouns).

First and foremost, students continue their studying at university because they know it is an important step to prepare for future careers. What they learn from university is far different from the basic knowledge gained from the previous levels of education. It specializes in particular aspects of natural and social sciences and it is much applied into reality. In addition, university curricula also provide students with necessary skills for practical purposes like teamwork, presenting and doing research (Great!). Consequently, a graduate has more benefits from work such as high salary, good working environment and available promotion opportunities.

Secondly, students attend university with the desire for increasing their knowledge. To some people, studying is the ultimate goal in their life. Seemingly, the more they learn, they recognize that the less knowledge they get. They have their own interests in finding about undiscovered things. Studying at university takes people to a broader horizon of knowledge and thus satisfies their wish for fertilizing it.

Last but not least, people go to university because they consider it an interesting social experience. They want to plunge themselves into a new living environment and experience strange things it gives back to them. It is an environment of mature students with different family and education backgrounds, of new methods of teaching and studying, of knowledge that takes them closer to an independent life. Above all, it gives them feelings that they can’t find outside the world of university.

In conclusion, people can achieve some important things for their life such as career preparation, increased knowledge or social experience when they attend university. Whichever reasons they are, all are precious and respectful. If a person recognizes the real reason for his action, he will complete it successfully.
Nothing to say! Just Congratulations! =D> =D> =D>
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has enough courage to lose sight of the shore
Hình đại diện của thành viên
nmt632000
Mới tìm hiểu QBO
Mới tìm hiểu QBO

Bài viết: 14
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 Tháng 11 05, 2008 6:52 pm
Đến từ: Quang Binh

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi giangtran » Thứ 3 Tháng 2 10, 2009 8:37 pm

Dear Tam,
you have been hardworking. I'm ashamed to make such stupid mistakes. I sometimes think in Vietnamese, then translate it into English and forget some basic regulations of English grammar. However, can you explain to me about the difference between continue to do sth and continue doing sth as well as begin/start doing sth and begin/start to do sth. As far as I know, they have the same meaning.

Next time, I will be more careful to help you work less. :)
Vịt còi lướt sóng biển Đông
giangtran
Bạn tâm giao QBO
Bạn tâm giao QBO

Bài viết: 67
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 3 Tháng 5 13, 2008 11:17 pm
Đến từ: quang binh

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi nmt632000 » Thứ 3 Tháng 2 10, 2009 11:39 pm

As I know, there is no difference between begin/start + gerund/infinitive, but begin/start + gerund will not be suitable in this case:
I'm beginning to see the light (not "I'm beginning seeing the light").
As for "continue + gerund", it is, in my opinions, less popular than "continue + to infinitive". This is only my OPINIONS, so if anyone knows these well, don't hesitate to share it with us. Thanks! :D :D :D
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has enough courage to lose sight of the shore
nmt632000
Mới tìm hiểu QBO
Mới tìm hiểu QBO

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi nmt632000 » Thứ 6 Tháng 2 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Congratulations, Giang! You have become the winner of this contest! This is a reward for all your hard work! =D> =D> =D>
nmt632000
Mới tìm hiểu QBO
Mới tìm hiểu QBO

Trang trước

Quay về • The QBO Golden Pen

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến5 khách