EWC 2008: Board of Examiners

Make yourself better

EWC 2008: Board of Examiners

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Rec » Thứ 5 Tháng 3 20, 2008 4:11 pm

1. Name/Nick name (in QBO): Nguyen Minh Duc/Dieuvuongqb

- Hometown: Quang Phong - Quang Trach - Quang Binh

- Qualification: M.A of English (English interpretation and translation), Hanoi University of Foreign Studies (now University of Hanoi)

- Profession: Interpreter of the Vietnamese-German Cooperation Project "Sustainable Management of Natural Resources in Central Vietnam" (SMNR-CV), based in Dong Hoi City

- Like: football, classical music, detective story

- Languages: fluent in English, Vietnamese.

2. Name or/and Nickname: math0

- Profession: Lecturer at Hue University and technical supervisor at Viegrid company.

- Qualifications:

• Ph.D. in Mathematics.

- Languages: fluent in English, Vietnamese, German

- Something about me: All I want to say is that I love QB as well as QBO.

If you want to know more, I invite you to visit my website:

http://www.math-inf.uni-greifswald.de/~hung/

3. - Name or/and Nickname (on the QBO): Riêng

- Career: Business Development Staff of CJ Group at Ho Chi Minh Representative Office

- Qualifications:

• Master of International Trade and Economic Cooperations.

- Languages: Fluent English, Korean and Vietnamese

4. Name: Thiên Bình

Profession: Dentistry

Qualification:
• M.B.A. Project Management
• B.S. Biomedical Science

Honor/Awards/ Scholarships
• Phonephrachanh Scholarship: Exemplify in Leadership
• Award Team Leader for Most Fundraised Team for America Cancer Society
• Founder and Former President of the Aggie Origami Society

Languages: English, Vietnamese; and a little Spanish.

Mini-Biography & Philosophy:

I was born and raised in HCM city, Vietnam for almost 10 years and only completed up to 4th grade Vietnamese. However, I have a strong passion for writing and reading in both languages. I take writing very seriously as I believe that it is the essential element to the successful, ambitious life. Currently I am residing in the U.S. for almost 12 years, working on my M.B.A, concentrating in Project Management. I love interacting with people as I have always wanted to create my own philanthropic organization someday when the condition permits. I will be attending Dental School this August, hoping to specialize in Orthodontics. My interests are art, learning, writing, and reading. Currently I’m feeling the urge to compose some Vietnamese poems. I am very approachable, understanding, open-minded, and accepting. Just drop me a message if you are interested in any further information.

5. Name or/and Nickname: Thỏ con

- Profession: Industrial Engineering

- Qualifications:

• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering at University of Maine, USA
• Master candidate in Industrial Engineering at Texas A&M University, USA

- Honours/Awards/Scholarship/...

• Presidential Scholarship - University of Maine
• Academic Tuition Waiver - University of Maine
• Tau Beta Pi National Society of Engineering - Member
• Competitive Academic Scholarship - Texas A&M University

- Languages: fluent in English, Vietnamese

- Something about me: Howdy!!! My name is Giang Nguyen. I grew up in Ha Noi and began my "study abroad" journey when I was 17. It has been 7 years for me being in this country and I still feel blessed everyday for having a chance to come here. One thing that I would like to share with you from my experience is that nothing is impossible and anything is possible. I never thought I was able to come here, just like I never thought I would be invited to be the judge for this wonderful essay contest So dream big and fly high! The very famous Mark Twain once said: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

6. Name or/and Nickname: Tocxu
- Profession: Math Ph.D. student, Texas A&M University, U.S.

- Qualifications:

• Master in Mathematics.

- Languages: fluent in English, Vietnamese.

- Something about me: This is my very first time to organize a social actitivity. However, I do it with all my heart to give something back to the land that gave me life (not once, but twice).

7. Name or/and Nickname (on the QBO): luvmyacnq (go by luv.)

- Profession/Career/Activities: High School senior, incoming student in neuroscience.

- Languages: Fluent English, Vietnamese, and a little French.
Bút, Nghiên, Sách, Vở suốt đời không ngừng, nghỉ.
Cơm, Áo, Gạo, Tiền hôm sớm mấy đếm, đong
Hình đại diện của thành viên
Rec
Quản trị viên QBO
Quản trị viên QBO

Bài viết: 7718
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 Tháng 11 22, 2006 5:13 pm
Đến từ: T.Trấn Cồn rậy :)

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Rec » Thứ 5 Tháng 3 20, 2008 4:56 pm

I suggest Tocxu, Math0 and Rie^ng to BoE but I'm sorry that I don't know much about them. I mean that I have not enought information to fill the form above.
Rec
Quản trị viên QBO
Quản trị viên QBO

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi No » Thứ 5 Tháng 3 20, 2008 9:55 pm

You are very suitable to be an examiner, Rec
No
Tôi yêu QBO
Tôi yêu QBO

Bài viết: 623
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 3 Tháng 11 28, 2006 7:53 am

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Thanh Hang » Thứ 6 Tháng 3 21, 2008 10:00 pm

I called mr Đức this morning, son of Mrs Hoà (QB Gifted High School) and asked him if he could be an examiner for this contest or not. He said he would try his best to give a hand. So, please add him to email group and send him all information. I send private message to Rec to give U his email address and phone number, ok?
I think he is suitable because he graduted HaNoi Foreign Language University, besides he was an excellent pupil in English class of QB Gifted High School.
Sau hơn 2 năm không online, bị giả danh nhiều quá nên phải trở lại!
Thanh Hang
Bạn chí cốt QBO
Bạn chí cốt QBO

Bài viết: 181
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 Tháng 2 20, 2008 5:00 pm

Judge's Information

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Thiên Bình » Thứ 7 Tháng 3 22, 2008 2:39 am

Name: Thiên Bình

Profession: Dentistry

Qualification:
• M.B.A. Project Management
• B.S. Biomedical Science

Honor/Awards/ Scholarships
• Phonephrachanh Scholarship: Exemplify in Leadership
• Award Team Leader for Most Fundraised Team for America Cancer Society
• Founder and Former President of the Aggie Origami Society

Languages: English, Vietnamese; and a little Spanish.

Mini-Biography & Philosophy:

I was born and raised in HCM city, Vietnam for almost 10 years and only completed up to 4th grade Vietnamese. However, I have a strong passion for writing and reading in both languages. I take writing very seriously as I believe that it is the essential element to the successful, ambitious life. Currently I am residing in the U.S. for almost 12 years, working on my M.B.A, concentrating in Project Management. I love interacting with people as I have always wanted to create my own philanthropic organization someday when the condition permits. I will be attending Dental School this August, hoping to specialize in Orthodontics. My interests are art, learning, writing, and reading. Currently I’m feeling the urge to compose some Vietnamese poems. I am very approachable, understanding, open-minded, and accepting. Just drop me a message if you are interested in any further information.
Make use of your opportunities so that you can later provide more opportunties to others.
Thiên Bình
Bạn tri kỷ QBO
Bạn tri kỷ QBO

Bài viết: 243
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 7 Tháng 3 22, 2008 1:21 am
Đến từ: U.S.

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Riêng » Thứ 7 Tháng 3 22, 2008 8:57 am

Hi Thien Binh,
Welcome to QBO ^^.
Btw, I wonder what brings you here? What is the relationship between you and Quang Binh? Or just because you are interested in this Contest? :smt016
Sách cho Miền Cát Trắng ~!
Riêng
Tôi yêu QBO
Tôi yêu QBO

Bài viết: 458
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 Tháng 11 22, 2006 5:25 pm

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Rec » Thứ 7 Tháng 3 22, 2008 10:05 am

Nice day. I'm so happy :smt032

@TH: I have sent an email to Duc. Hope that he would help us.

@Rie^ng: How do you think about my seggestion above? It would be nice if you say "yes". In order to make the contest more clear and trusted, we recommend all judges expose their profiles. That is a bit sensitive however I hope that they don't mind. The profiles should contain something that I suggested above. (the contestants are sure that are judged by someone that are qualified - Tocxu said that :smt032 ). If you agree to be a judgecan, please "hy sinh" to post your profiles by yourselves on the forum. :mozilla_cool: Thank you so much.

@Thie^n Binh: Thanks for your heartfelt. Cool profile and Well done!
Rec
Quản trị viên QBO
Quản trị viên QBO

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Tocxu » Thứ 7 Tháng 3 22, 2008 1:39 pm

Rec đã viết:the contestants are sure that are judged by someone that are qualified - Tocxu said that :smt032 )

What I meant by the above sentence is "we should show the contestants that we are some real, qualified people (but need not be some kinds of stars :mozilla_cool: ) want to make some contribution to the province, not some suspicious one who try to take advantage from this contest."

@Riêng: I am looking forward to seeing your name in the list of judges.
Tocxu
Tôi yêu QBO
Tôi yêu QBO

Bài viết: 462
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 2 Tháng 3 03, 2008 12:11 pm

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Rec » Thứ 7 Tháng 3 22, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi everybody,

It's with great pleasure that I announce the next judge for the contest - Giang is her name. =D>

-------

- Name or/and Nickname: Giang Nguyen

- Profession: Industrial Engineering

- Qualifications:

• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering at University of Maine, USA
• Master candidate in Industrial Engineering at Texas A&M University, USA

- Honours/Awards/Scholarship/...

• Presidential Scholarship - University of Maine
• Academic Tuition Waiver - University of Maine
• Tau Beta Pi National Society of Engineering - Member
• Competitive Academic Scholarship - Texas A&M University

- Languages: fluent in English, Vietnamese

- Something about me: Howdy!!! My name is Giang Nguyen. I grew up in Ha Noi and began my "study abroad" journey when I was 17. It has been 7 years for me being in this country and I still feel blessed everyday for having a chance to come here. One thing that I would like to share with you from my experience is that nothing is impossible and anything is possible. I never thought I was able to come here, just like I never thought I would be invited to be the judge for this wonderful essay contest :) So dream big and fly high! The very famous Mark Twain once said: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Rec
Quản trị viên QBO
Quản trị viên QBO

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi hxl » Thứ 7 Tháng 3 22, 2008 8:34 pm

In my opinion, its necessary to define the role of each examiner. For example, who is responsible for content or grammar checking, etc. I dont have discrimination, but I prefer QB people (or more specific QBO members such as Rec, Math0, etc.) to be responsible for post content. I mean, QB people can understand and feel better about what contestants try to express.
hxl
Bạn tâm giao QBO
Bạn tâm giao QBO

Bài viết: 53
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 7 Tháng 3 01, 2008 8:32 pm

Trang kế tiếp

Quay về • The QBO EWC 2008

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến5 khách