EWC 2008: Sponsors and Prizes

Make yourself better

EWC 2008: Sponsors and Prizes

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Rec » Thứ 5 Tháng 3 20, 2008 5:11 pm

Updated 4/5/2008.

QBO-EWC Prizes & Sponsorships Announcement

To whom it may concerns:

As we all know, the first round of the QBO English Writing Contest has been more successful than we expected. There were 137 submissions and the quality of the essays is pretty decent and uniform. In addition, there are some extremely good submissions that are impressive to the Judging Committee because of the content’s creativity, maturity, and progressive thoughts. This success, together with the contribution of some new sponsors, has increased the number and value of prizes in comparison to the original plan. We stay true to our statement that “The prizes should commensurate for the efforts of the organizers and the contestants.” The following lists the new set of prizes:

1. One first prize: $100 plus one Oxford Collocations dictionary.
2. Two second prizes: $50 plus one Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary or a pocket Vietnamese-English Dictionary for each winner.
3. Three third prizes: $30 for each winner.
4. Ten honorable prizes: $10 for each winner
5. One additional prize: $50 for the best essay of a contestant who is a student or alumni from the Quang Binh Gifted High School.

We greatly appreciate all the sponsors for supporting the QBO English Writing Contest and making this event even more motivated with the additional prizes. This event would not be as outstanding if it were not for the generosity of our sponsors and the dedication of our contestants.

Sincerely,
The QBO EWC organizers
Bút, Nghiên, Sách, Vở suốt đời không ngừng, nghỉ.
Cơm, Áo, Gạo, Tiền hôm sớm mấy đếm, đong
Hình đại diện của thành viên
Rec
Quản trị viên QBO
Quản trị viên QBO

Bài viết: 7718
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 Tháng 11 22, 2006 5:13 pm
Đến từ: T.Trấn Cồn rậy :)

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Tocxu » Thứ 2 Tháng 3 24, 2008 12:25 am

We now have an official sponsor: Vietnamese International Student Association (VISA) at Texas A&M University. For some information about this organization, the following link may help (but not much since it is under construction :smt032 ):

http://visa.tamu.edu/

We are waiting for reply from ELI (English Language Institute) at Texas A&M. If this organization can help, we will benefit a lot from its academic expertise.

The current situation is good enough for us to run the contest well. However, since our ambition is to make it as of high quality as possible, the sponsorship calling is still an on going process. We welcome all ideas/suggestions/advices for this process.
Tocxu
Tôi yêu QBO
Tôi yêu QBO

Bài viết: 462
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 2 Tháng 3 03, 2008 12:11 pm

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Rec » Thứ 3 Tháng 3 25, 2008 12:20 am

Tocxu đã viết:We are waiting for reply from ELI (English Language Institute) at Texas A&M. If this organization can help, we will benifit a lot from their academic expertise.

I am looking forward to hearing something about these? :smt032
I have great expectations of ELI at Texas A&M. Yes. I have high hopes for that.
Rec
Quản trị viên QBO
Quản trị viên QBO

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Tocxu » Thứ 3 Tháng 3 25, 2008 6:14 am

I talked to the Director of ELI this morning. She will be glad to help us as the academic adviser of the contest and even sponsor some English text books (probably with softwares going together). There is only one thing, she is gonna contact with the adviser of VISA before letting us post her name as the academic adviser.

We have to wait for a while :smt028 .
Tocxu
Tôi yêu QBO
Tôi yêu QBO

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Tocxu » Thứ 3 Tháng 3 25, 2008 6:19 am

@ Rec: By the way, could you please correct the prizes so that it accords with what we wrote in the announcement letter.
Tocxu
Tôi yêu QBO
Tôi yêu QBO

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Rec » Thứ 3 Tháng 3 25, 2008 9:10 am

Tocxu đã viết:I talked to the Director of ELI this morning. She will be glad to help us as the academic adviser of the contest and even sponsor some English text books (probably with softwares going together). There is only one thing, she is gonna contact with the adviser of VISA before letting us post her name as the academic adviser.

We have to wait for a while :smt028 .

It's really a nice day. We have had a great new from ELI's director. Tocxu, thank you very much. You're really a good emissary of QBO. =D>
Rec
Quản trị viên QBO
Quản trị viên QBO

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Rec » Thứ 5 Tháng 3 27, 2008 2:37 pm

We are honored to announce that the official website of Quảng Bình province, QBNet (www.quangbinh.gov.vn), is now supporting the contest by updating the contest information regularly as a special activity of the province at www.quangbinh.gov.vn/contestants.
Rec
Quản trị viên QBO
Quản trị viên QBO

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi dieuvuongqb » Thứ 6 Tháng 3 28, 2008 9:44 pm

@Rec: anh Rec oi, hôm nay em đọc lại nội dung thư mời tiếng Anh và tiếng Việt thì thấy nội dung bị lệch anh ạ (ví dụ về thông tin trang web lẫn thông tin về tiền thưởng). Anh xem điều chỉnh lại nhé. Em chỉ mới đưa cho mẹ bản tiếng Việt thui
Learn, learn more, learn forever!!!!!!!!!
dieuvuongqb
Bạn chí cốt QBO
Bạn chí cốt QBO

Bài viết: 161
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 2 Tháng 3 24, 2008 7:57 am
Đến từ: Quảng Phong - Quảng Trạch - Quảng Bình

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Tocxu » Thứ 7 Tháng 3 29, 2008 1:22 pm

Hi Dieuvuongqb,

Yes, I saw it. The prizes should be like in the Vietnamese version. I am going to send you the 2 files, both in English and Vietnamese versions. I have made all the needed changes for the English version except the link to QuangBinhNet (where they update the information of the contest) since I still don't know what's the exact one. Since I am being stuck with some stuffs, I cannot online with in the next 20 hours, please discuss with Rec and help me to make the corrections to the Vietnamese version (there nothing wrong with it, just it's a little bit out dated) and post it for me.

Bunches of thanks.

Best Tocxu.
Tocxu
Tôi yêu QBO
Tôi yêu QBO

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi Tocxu » Thứ 7 Tháng 3 29, 2008 1:34 pm

We also welcome the English Language Institute (ELI) at Texas A&M University ( http://eli.tamu.edu/ ) to be a sponsor for the contest. Moreover, Dr. Clark ( http://eli.tamu.edu/directory/profile.php?id=1 ), director of the institute, is now the contest's academic advisor.
Tocxu
Tôi yêu QBO
Tôi yêu QBO

Trang kế tiếp

Quay về • The QBO EWC 2008

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến3 khách